Kilimanjaro Theme

Pages (2):
Serpius
Threads: 2

Serpius

A few things that I wanted to point out about the Kilimanjaro theme.

The screenshots have questions and statements about the various sections of the theme.

[Image: tid12-1.png]

[Image: tid12-2.png]

[Image: tid12-3.png]
I'm Serpius and You're Not    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ashley
Administrator
Threads: 8

Ashley
Administrator

1) The search is a bit different to normal, but is like that by design. You could alter it like you say, or any other way eg. with a border, or white background.

2) The gear icon actually links to advanced search, next to the search button. I think its pretty standard nowadays, and the new MyBB theme also has it like that.

3) The image yes, its supposed to fill the width of the screen and is responsive i.e resizes on smaller devices.

4) The sidebox, usercp & modcp layout positions can be redesigned to behave like you suggest.

5) About the MyBB logo in the footer, yes you're right, but it is only meant as illustration. Should be replaced with own logo, or removed if not wanted.
Serpius

Serpius

(1 Aug 2019 11:40 am)Ashley Wrote: 1) The search is a bit different to normal, but is like that by design. You could alter it like you say, or any other way eg. with a border, or white background.

2) The gear icon actually links to advanced search, next to the search button. I think its pretty standard nowadays, and the new MyBB theme also has it like that.

3) The image yes, its supposed to fill the width of the screen and is responsive i.e resizes on smaller devices.

4) The sidebox, usercp & modcp layout positions can be redesigned to behave like you suggest.

5) About the MyBB logo in the footer, yes you're right, but it is only meant as illustration. Should be replaced with own logo, or removed if not wanted.

#2 - Well, having 2 identical 'gear' icons at the top of the page will confuse users. One by that search button you mentioned and the 3rd icon to the right of the username at the upper left-hand side of the screen.

There are so many types of themes out there that do use the 'gear' icons and it's more or less well known that the 'gear' icon refers to settings of some sort, not search. 

#3 - Ok, I got that part about responsive, but is there supposed to be that white gap at the far right side of the image?

#4 - Yea, I know for myself... If I were to purchase the Kilimanjaro theme, I would want those column boxes to show up in the columns that I showed you in the screenshots. 

As you may or may not know... I have been searching for a LONG time for someone to assist me in getting my 2nd website up and running, which may include a brand new theme. Go HERE

Even though I did not mention anything about a possible new theme, that may be part of this assistance that I am looking for.

That is why I am looking at your themes to see if any of them may be a possible fit for my new website.
Ashley
Administrator

Ashley
Administrator

Hi Serpius

These points you mention can all be customised to suit yourself, if you should purchase the theme. The gear icon could for example be changed to something else, it could even be removed from where it is now and placed back as a menu list link at the top of the page.

#3 - i don't see any white gap. It's only when the sidebar operates that it pushes page content to the left, and again that is by design.
Serpius

Serpius

(1 Aug 2019 10:05 pm)Ashley Wrote: Hi Serpius

These points you mention can all be customised to suit yourself, if you should purchase the theme. The gear icon could for example be changed to something else, it could even be removed from where it is now and placed back as a menu list link at the top of the page.

#3 - i don't see any white gap. It's only when the sidebar operates that it pushes page content to the left, and again that is by design.
#3 - That white gap shows up on the first screenshot in the previous post.

I am using a Dell S2716DG IPS 27.2 inch (69 cm) monitor with a resolution of 2560 x 1440. 
If you have a lower resolution, then the white gap will not be seen. 

I did temporarily lower my screen resolution to 1920 x 1080 and the white gap is not there.

So, the viewing of the theme images will largely depend on the user's monitor resolution, especially in the logo area.
Ashley
Administrator

Ashley
Administrator

(2 Aug 2019 12:41 pm)Serpius Wrote:
(2 Aug 2019 4:05 am)Ashley Wrote: Hi Serpius

#3 - That white gap shows up on the first screenshot in the previous post.

I am using a Dell S2716DG IPS 27.2 inch (69 cm) monitor with a resolution of 2560 x 1440. 
If you have a lower resolution, then the white gap will not be seen. 

I did temporarily lower my screen resolution to 1920 x 1080 and the white gap is not there.

So, the viewing of the theme images will largely depend on the user's monitor resolution, especially in the logo area.
Ok, that would be because the image has a width of 1920px. I will try to get another image, but again the image is meant to be as illustration only, and for the siteowner to replace with their own choice of background.

I uploaded a higher resolution image, so that should fix the problem.
Serpius

Serpius

(2 Aug 2019 3:49 pm)Ashley Wrote: Ok, that would be because the image has a width of 1920px. I will try to get another image, but again the image is meant to be as illustration only, and for the siteowner to replace with their own choice of background.

I uploaded a higher resolution image, so that should fix the problem.
Are you sure? It's still showing the 1920px image.

In Chrome Inspect, the light gray highlighted lines:

[Image: tid12-4.png]

In Firefox Inspector, the dark blue highlighted line:

[Image: tid12-5.png]
Ashley
Administrator

Ashley
Administrator

Did you hard refresh? I replaced the 1920px image with a 3840px width one.
Serpius

Serpius

(2 Aug 2019 1:08 pm)Ashley Wrote: Did you hard refresh? I replaced the 1920px image with a 3840px width one.
Yep, did a hard refresh 3 times on each browser. No change.

I even closed both browsers and reopened both up... no change, either.

Just for kicks... I even tried the website with MS Edge... it's showing that gap, too.  Huh

I am curious... could it be the theme code is "hard-coded" to only allow maximum width of 1920px?
Ashley
Administrator

Ashley
Administrator

(3 Aug 2019 12:01 am)Serpius Wrote:
(2 Aug 2019 7:08 pm)Ashley Wrote: Did you hard refresh? I replaced the 1920px image with a 3840px width one.
Yep, did a hard refresh 3 times on each browser. No change.

I even closed both browsers and reopened both up... no change, either.
Just for kicks... I even tried the website with MS Edge... it's showing that gap, too.  Huh

I am curious... could it be the theme code is "hard-coded" to only allow maximum width of 1920px?
Sorry it's fixed now, i forgot to change the width and height attributes on the image tag.